Query Runner error No Data-Admin-DB-Name instance
SummaryTrying to use the Query Runner feature, you get an error about missing Data-Admin-DB-Name records for read-only databases.
You search the PDN for information about this new Pega 7.2.2 feature: https://pdn.pega.com/sites/pdn.pega.com/files/help_v722/procomhelpmain.htm#search-query runner
Error MessagesThere was a problem performing a database query: There is no configuration (no Data-Admin-DB-Name instance) for database Read-only PegaDATA
There was a problem performing a database query: There is no configuration (no Data-Admin-DB-Name instance) for database Read-only PegaRULES
Steps to Reproduce
- With the Database Administrator privileges, navigate to system/database/queryrunner.
- Try select count(*) from pr4_rule.
Root CauseA defect or configuration issue in the operating environmentThe Query Runner feature is not available for users out-of-the-box.
Users need to be given the Database Administrator role to open the link for the Query Runner page. After the Database Administrator role is assigned, a new read-only user needs to be configured to run the queries.Perform the following local-change:
- Assign a Database Administrator role to the user.
- Log off of the application.
- Verify that the Query Runner page link displays as expected for the user.
- Add a Read-Only user to the database.
- Add the JNDI entry for this user in the application server.
- Add corresponding entries in the prconfig.xml file for this Read-Only user for Data and Rules schema.
- Restart the application server and test the query that needs to be tested.
Published December 30, 2016 - Updated February 15, 2017