Query on SMS campaign delivery receipt
User would like to receive an acknowledgement when SMS gets delivered to target audience.
Steps to Reproduce
The following explanation is provided in response to the user query on how to receive an acknowledgment on SMS:
- "Request delivery receipt" option is available when you click on the deliver channel used in the SMS campaign created in the campaign builder.
- By default, this option is unchecked i.e. notification request is off.
- This option needs to checked in order to receive delivery status of SMS being sent to customers.
- After this SMS campaign has been scheduled, a Task Group can be scheduled as often as is required to process the status of the SMS inbox.
- SMSC stores the delivery receipts in the designated inbox on successfully delivery of the message to handset (Only if the "Request delivery receipt" option is checked).
- These delivery receipts / reports are read by CMD by running the SMS inbox either in batch or task group.
- During the inbound process, CMD will read the delivery receipts and updates the communication tables. CMD also logs all the delivery receipts details in the SPI_PROC*.log file corresponding to the inbound process.
- Note that the SMSC / MMSC administrator may turn the delivery receipts indicator off if the center traffic is very busy due to which one may not receive SMS delivery receipts.
- When outbound SMS campaign is run with request for delivery receipt, CMD will send SMS to SMSC and the following CMD tables will be populated as below:
- DELIVERY_RECEIPT :
- At the same time if the CMD inbound process for the corresponding SMSC inbox is running, the following updates will be made in the CMD tables:
- DELIVERY_RECEIPT.DELIVERY_STATUS_ID will be updated with corresponding values as below:
50% found this useful