Radio button on a repeating grid allows multiple selections
The radio button on repeating grid with pagination is allowing Multiple selections in different pages. User is on Page 1, and selects one row using Radio button. When user navigates to the next page and selects another row by clicking on a Radio button, the row selected on Page 1 still remains selected and also row selected on Page 2 remains selected.
Steps to Reproduce
- Add a repeating layout to a section
- Allow pagination for repeating grid
- Add Radio Button control to one of the columns, to allow selection of row
- Make sure the Repeating grid will have results displayed in multiple pages
- Select a row on Page 1 using Radio Button on one of the columns
- Navigate to Next page Select a Row by Clicking on a Radio Button
- Row selected on Page 1 still remains selected and also Row selected on Page 2 remains selected
This is a known limitation. Radio button column on repeat grid with pagination enabled allws an option to be selected for every single page rather than for entire grid.
To overcome this limitation pagination has to be disabled.
Another solution is to design the radio button field on click/change to run an activity that would take care that only one radio buttton option is selected per grid. This can be done by using custom radio button and configuring onclick to call an activity via Ajax call and have the logic in activity to take care that only one radio option button is selected per entire grid and that the selected option is the latest one.
0% found this useful