Read Only execution behavior incorrect in Template mode
The editability of section takes precedence over the editability of harness in Pega 8. This behavior is contradicting to the behavior in Pega 7. A harness is present that is marked as Read Only. A few sections which are editable based on some conditions are configured in the harness. When the condition is false, the section becomes editable without considering the Read Only conditions applied on the harness.
Steps to Reproduce
- Add a button to the section
- Launch harness with onClick event of the button
- Set the harness as Read Only
- Add the embedded section to the main section of the harness
- Set the Read Only condition of the section as the Read Only expression
- Observe the behavior when the condition evaluates to False
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules. Pega uses both Template and Non-Template modes of application on Pega 7.3 and later versions. The issue occurs with the Template mode and not with the Non-Template mode.
This issue is addressed in the Pega 8.2.6 patch release.
0% found this useful