Redundant environment of Chordiant setup
Query on creating a redundant environment of Chordiant setup. Currently user has one machine that manage critical campaigns.
The schedules of these campaigns are at risk of missing in case the machine was down and no backup environment exist.
So user requires support to build parallel environment in any of available setup feasible (Active/Active, Active/Passive) to back up their setup and maintain their campaigns.
Steps to Reproduce
Query related to Redundant environment.
Redundant environment can be created by installing Chordiant Marketing Director (CMD) binaries on machine identified for parallel environment.
This involves copying or nstalling CMD binaries on given machine, configuring RPC and Vantage.init file according to new machine.
During Vantage.init file configuration, below mentioned parameters has to be configured according to CMD schema that needs to be used (backup CMD schema or existing CMD schema):
CMD services on parallel environment has to be started as and when required.
Refer “Marketing_Director_Initialization_Variables.pdf”, “Marketing_Director_Installation_UNIX_Oracle.pdf” and “Marketing_Director_Ongoing_Tasks_UNIX.pdf” documents on CMD CD for detailed information regarding installation, Vantage.init file parameters and CMD services.
Following are the information related to hardware configuration query.
Based on our experience and knowledge of our customers’ environment, here are some useful tips:
- MD processes are light weight; about 80% of the “work” happens on the database servers
- The general rule is that 1 CPU core is enough for a development environment and 2 CPU for production to start with
- The RAM size is usually calculated as no. of CPU X 2 which means 2 GB RAM for development and 4 GB RAM for production
- For the database server, the specification would be double or sometimes thrice of the MD server. So it would be 4-6 CPU/8-12 GB for a production database server
- Using this configuration, you can easily run 10-15 campaigns and additionally around 15 segments in parallel. Keep in mind that it’s the database server that is taking majority of the load, not the MD server.
0% found this useful