SilverLight Word Merge error
Some users are unable to use SilverLight based Word merge functionality, even after installing prerequisites.
SilverLight Control EROR in ‘LaunchWordMerge’ : [Xml_UnexpectedTokenEx]Arguments:…
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a WordEmbedMergeTest.
2. Fill the required field and description.
3. Create Merge Document. (An "Install the SilverLight" recommendation will appear, if not installed on the system.)
An issue in the custom application code or rules that could not be identified. Corruption of WordMacroManagerDot.dot file maybe a reason for the issue.
Perform the following local-change:
1. Close all Internet Explorer windows.
2. Clear Internet Explorer cache, temp folder, WordMacroManagerDOT.dot from user machine.