SMA Tracer Timing Out on the Cloud
Users are unable to use the tracer in SMA to debug agent issues as it always times out. This is occuring on an application hosted on the cloud.
Error MessagesThis site cannot be reached.
Steps to Reproduce
- Login To SMA.
- Select any agent and delay it.
- Go to requestor tab and check for the delay thread and trace it.
Root CauseA defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules
Upgrade to 7.2.2.
Here is a synopsis of the 7.2.2 goal which was implemented for Agent managment, tracing, and other capabilities within the designer studio:Description
The existing system operations and management tool (SMA) was not designed with large clusters and auto scaling groups in mind. It is difficult to manage and use effectively in the cloud. This goal will move the most important capabilities of SMA into the designer studio while enhancing them to be cluster-aware. The capabilities will also be secured using standard Pega7 security for better control over access.
By the end of this goal the following will be accomplished for 7.2.2:
- Cluster awareness for Cloud and On prem nodes
- Cluster aware infrastructure for all mgmt functions
- Requestor management and tracing across the cluster
- Agent management and tracing across the cluster
- Rule Watch
Published January 18, 2017 - Updated January 23, 2017