Special characters are not displaying correctly
User has created a case with the Email listener, an email send out from Pega with the body below.
This is an HTML rule. This is to confirm that your request for <pega:reference name=".pyInboundEmail.pySubject" format="scalar"></pega:reference> has been received. Your case ID
<pega:reference name="pyWorkPage.pyID" format="scalar"></pega:reference> should be used to track and reference this request.
Whenever, there are special characters like "" or ' ' in the value of the property .pyInboundEmail.pySubject, it’s getting encoded and ASCII code is getting displayed.
For example, when the value of the property is 14th Nov '16 the email that is send out has the value displayed as 14th Nov'16.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Send an email from Pega with the body of the email configured in an HTML rule.
2. Include special characters like " " or ' ' in the Property reference values in the body of the email.
3. Observe that Special characters are replaced by a code.
An issue in the custom application code or rules, string value for the property containing special character should be fetched and then referred in the email body.
Also, no UTF-8 encoding at server end.
Apply either of the Local Changes to resolve
1. Fetching the value of property containing special character and get it's string value:
2. Set the environment variable for the server as below:
Add "-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8" in Setenv.bat
3. Restart the server.