Table header 'Click to sort' read twice when using JAWS
When using the JAWS screen reader table shortcut keys (for example, ALT+CTRL+LEFT) to navigate between table cells or a grid header, 'Click to sort' is announced twice.
Steps to Reproduce
- Enable Accessibility (using PegaWAI).
- Create a grid.
- Enable JAWS screen reader.
- Use the table shortcuts keys to read the grid header.
'Click to sort' was present in two different locations within the HTML markup of the grid because:
- When the keyboard Tab navigation is used instead of the screen reader table shorcut keys, an additional 'Click to sort' present in the markup is necessary to announce to users exclusively using the Tab key.
- A 'Click to sort' tooltip is present on hover. Removing this to avoid the double readout, removes this functionality for non-accessible users.
This behavior is currently not supported and is scheduled to be supported in a future Pega release.
Published May 9, 2019 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.