Unable to expand grid row after validation error
Unable to expand row in a repeat grid after validation error messages are displayed on screen in IE browser.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Configure a repeat grid to expand/collapse row.
2. Configure an Integer type property referenced in the grid.
3. At runtime, expand a row, provide invalid value in the property field. for example, "2,2,".
4. Collapse the row.
5. Submit the flow action. Page error messages are received.
6. Expand the grid row to observe the issue.
When the form submits, the harness is reloaded with the error row still collapsed. Now when the user expands the row, request goes to ProcessAction activity through pzPerformGridAction activity. In the third step of ProcessAction (where it looks for engine errors), the activity finds that the primary page (the section page) has errors and aborts appending ENGINE_ERRORS in the stream. The flow action content is not generated. The client handles this engine error by not expanding the row and displays the correct local errors popup instead.
This issue is planned for resolution in Pega 7.1.9.
This can also resolved be through the following Local-change:
1. Change the property type from Integer to Text.
2. Do not specify ‘Edit Validate’ rule on the property itself.
3. Implement server side validation using Validate rules that are called on the submit of flow action.
Configure a validate rule on the Work- class Flow Action (this will be called when you hit the Next/Back buttons in the screenflow).
Let this validate rule call another validate rule which runs for each row of the grid pagelist.
In this Data- (grid) level validate rule, specify your validation on the property.
You can associate any out-of-the-box or your own 'Edit Validate' rule to the property in the grid and specify the error message to be displayed.
At runtime, when you specify an invalid value in one of the rows in the grid you can observe the below behaviour.
Collapse the row and click the “Next” or “Back” button of the screenflow to trigger validation error.
You can now expand the row without any issues to correct the value and resubmit.
0% found this useful