Unable to open the email
Pega throws exception in logs when an email attachment that contains special characters (", ?, *, <, >, |, :) in subject was opened.
Illegal characters detected in the path "New Case Number C-1142<<testing>>.eml". You may not use ", ?, *, <, >, |, :
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a flow, and include Send Email shape in it.
2. Create a correspondence, and refer it in the Send Email shape.
3. Keep the special characters in the subject line of the Send Email shape.
4. Run the flow.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules.
Perform the following local-change:
1. Add a Java step as the second step in the out-of-the-box activity AddAttachmentFromMail.
2. The local variable attachFile in the activity and the Java step should contain the code given below:
attachFile = StringUtils.encodeCrossOSString(tools.getParamValue("attachmentName")); 3. Use the local.attachFile instead of param.attachmentName for .pxAttachName property in the next step of Property-Set.
Published February 26, 2016 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.