Validation error doe not display on a paginated repeating grid
Validation fails in all the pages of a repeating grid except the first.
Steps to Reproduce
- In a section, configure a repeating grid with pagination.
- Configure the Validate rule at the property level and include the property as the source for the repeating grid.
When Pagination is applied on a grid and a Refresh triggered on the Wrapper section, only those records that are related to the first page are fetched from the server. Therefore, the Property level error for a row which belongs to any page other than the first is displayed at the top of the harness (Property level errors are set on properties only if they are available in the Document Object Model (DOM); else, they are set on the harness.)
Perform the following local-change:
- Save As the pyPreGridUpdate activity to the current class where the Validate rule is created.
- Uncomment Step 10 which contains the 'Implement this step for Paginate' option and add the 'obj-validate' method to that step.
- Enter the same Validate rule.
Published August 19, 2019 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.