Withdrawn Function creating issue
If you copy an out of the box (OOTB) Rule-Utility-Function in your custom library without changing its signature and then withdraw it, then Pega 7.1 acts like the function still exists and gives an error.
"** Invalid expression or reference: Multiple suitable instances found [seeking] @(null:null).callWhen(PublicAPI,String,ClipboardPage) [possible candidate functions are] @(Test_Ruleset:Test_Library).callWhen(PublicAPI,String,ClipboardPage) @(Pega-RULES:Utilities).callWhen(PublicAPI,String,ClipboardPage) SUGGESTION: Use full syntax for calling a function, Example- @(RuleSet:libraryname).functionname(arg1, arg2... argn) Rule-Utility-Function "
Steps to Reproduce
- Create an Activity and use any OOTB function
- save that OOTB function to your custom library without changing the signature
- save as your activity in higher ruleset version and use your custom function with fully qualified path
- save as that function in higher ruleset version and make it withdrawn
- use that function without fully qualified path so that Pega 7.1 should call the OOTB one.
The root cause of this problem is a defect in Pegasystems’ code/rules.
This issue is resolved in Pega 7.1.8.
0% found this useful