Word merge fails with "No elevated security privilege" error
PRPC 6.3 SP1 did not ship with a Silverlight version of Word merge. It was originally only ActiveX based.
HFix-30825 delivers the Silverlight implementation of Word merge.
Despite having this HFix installed, the Word merge process fails with error "Silverlight control has No elevated security privileges on the client workstation".
Silverlight Control ERROR in 'LaunchWordMerge': Aborting Word Merge launch. Silverlight control has NO elevated security privileges on the client workstation.
Steps to Reproduce
Advance application to the flow action that utilizes Silverlight based Word merge functionality and launch Word merge.
The affected systems did not have the current version of Pega Silverlight pre-requisites locally installed.
HFix-30825 contains updated updated Silverlight prerequisites packaged as Rule-File-Binary instance pzSLpreReqs.cab.
It needs to be used to install the correct version of pre-requisites.
The following must be done by IT administrator or equivalent with sufficient privileges on the affected workstation.
1. Close all Internet Explorer browser sessions.
2. Open "Programs and Features" in the WIndows "Control Panel" and find currently installed SIlverlight Prerequisites" program
3. "Uninstall" these pre-requisites if found.
4. Updated pre-requisites can be found on the Pega server as pzSLpreReqs.cab Rule-File-Binary instance.
This is a ZIP file. Alternatively one can contact GCS for these pre-requisites.
5. Download pzSLpreReqs.cab to a local folder and the, one of which is called setup.exe.
6. Run setup.exe as and administrator.
Note: Select "Everyone" radio button, when installation advances to this step
0% found this useful