Blob save issue after properties removed
SummaryA large (multiple megabytes) value was set in the text property pyWorkPage.Attachment.pyAttachmentValue.
Using a repair activity to remove the large property and save the item back to the database, updates the Clipboard. However, the BLOB column is still large.
Error MessagesNot Applicable
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a work object with a text field containing several megabyte of data.
- Save that item to the database.
- Review the size of the object in the database.
- Create an activity that opens the work object using the Obj-Open-By-Handle method.
- Use the Property-Set method to replace the large data with smaller data.
- Use the Obj-Save method with Write now selected.
- Review the size of the object in the database, and observe it has not changed.
Root CauseA defect in Pegasystems' code prevented reclaiming the BLOB storage on save back to the database.
Published May 26, 2017 - Updated June 14, 2017