DateTime component keeps new value even when clicking cancel
SummaryIn the edit screen of a work object, user has a button that opens a modal dialogue.
This modal dialogue has Date or Time field and Text fields.
When user changes the date time to a new date and click Cancel instead of submit.
Next time when user opens the modal dialogue, user finds that value of the Text field goes off, but value of DateTime field stays.
Error MessagesNot applicable
Steps to Reproduce
- Include a button in a section.
- Configure a Modal Dialog (contains DateTime and Text fields) to be opened on click of that button.
- Run the usecase and give some values to the DateTime and Text fields. For Example, change the date/time value to 01/01/2017.
- Click Cancel (of the Modal Dialog).
- Reopen the module dialogue and observe that 01/01/2017 is still there.
Root CauseA defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules:
In the Presentation tab of the DateTime field, “Display value using read-only formatting” option is enabled which is causing the issue.
ResolutionPerform the following local-change:
Disable the “Display value using read-only formatting” option.
Published June 9, 2017 - Updated July 26, 2017