Declare trigger is not fired when cover case is resolved
When a cover case is resolved automatically in response to the resolution of a child case, some triggers are not firing on the cover case.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a cover case that will be resolved automatically when its child cases are resolved.
- Resolve a child case to trigger the cover's resolution.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules where certain triggers are restricted from firing within the context of processing for another trigger.
Perform any one of the following local-changes:
- Use a utility shape at the end of the parent flow to initiate the processing that the trigger would normally initiate.
- Remove the configuration at the case-type level that causes the parent case to resolve automatically. Call an activity in the child-case resolution flow that initiates the resolution of the parent case directly, without the use of a trigger, when all desired conditions are met, such as no other child cases are open. This will result in resolving the parent case before the child case.
- Remove the configuration at the case-type level that causes the parent case to resolve automatically. Call an activity in the child case resolution flow when all the desired conditions are met, such as no other child cases are open, queues the parent case to a custom agent to perform the resolution after a brief interval.
Note: This issue is scheduled to be resolved in an update release.
Published July 29, 2016 - Updated August 8, 2016