Deferred save taking huge time
User is having workflow problems after putting an embedded page in a work page with huge content > 50 mb. The page property is defined as a transient property.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Use an embedded page in a work page with huge content > 50 mb.
2. Define it as a transient property.
3. Observe the poor performance in the flow.
Root CauseThe current code doesn't do much optimizations for transient properties like avoiding PageCopy on deferred save. The transient properties are targeted for scalar properties and were not really much optimized for cases like this where it holds a huge page content.
An enhancement request, FDBK-14888, has been created for consideration by Pega Product Management for optimization while using transient properties.
As a local change, suggest to follow any of the below approaches to mitigate this performance problem to some extent. Options mentioned in order of preference with 1st being most preferable.
1) Use Declare Pages to load the embedded pages (Most preferable option).
2) Use ReferenceProperty for the embedded property that is holding this big embedded page and establish the reference to get the values populated.