Error occurs on creating a child case from a parent case
Error occurs on creating a child case from a parent case and on submitting the first screen or stage in the child case. This occurs despite applying the Locking mechanism in both the parent and child cases.
Parent case is locked by requestor"..."
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a parent case and a corresponding child case.
- Set the default Locking mechanism.
- Select the 'Do not lock parent' checkbox in the Advanced configuration for the child case.
- Create a child case. Add the parent case when in another operator.
- Submit the first stage or screen of the child case.
This behavior is as per Pega product design.
Consider two operators, Operator A and Operator B.
Operator A opened the parent case while Operator B opened the child case in a different browser session. Operator B completed the child case. However, an error occurred in the portal stating that the Cover case was locked.
Here's the explanation for the reported behavior:
- Default locking – One user at a time can open and work on a case.
- Optimistic locking – Multiple users can work on a case at the same time.
For more information on Default and Optimistic locking, refer to: https://community.pega.com/knowledgebase/articles/case-management/locking-cases
0% found this useful