Error validating DL during hotfix installation
SummaryWhen trying to install hotfixes, an error validating the download (DL) file is observed. This is preventing the hotfix from being successfully installed.
Error Messages2016-11-17 14:54:09,857 [<your URL>] [TABTHREAD1] [ ] [ PegaRULES:07.10] (nager.install.InstallerAPIImpl) ERROR Administrator@pega.com - Error validating DL file DL-12345.zip
2016-11-17 14:54:09,857 <your URL>] [TABTHREAD1] [ ] [ PegaRULES:07.10] (HotfixManager_Installer.Action) ERROR Administrator@pega.com - Error validating DL file: Could not determine the product and release for HFIX-67890 in DL-12345.zip. This hotfix may no longer be valid - contact Pega Support for an updated DL file.
com.pega.pegarules.priv.updatemanager.InstallException: Error validating DL file: Could not determine the product and release for HFIX-67890 in DL-12345.zip. This hotfix may no longer be valid - contact Pega Support for an updated DL file.
Steps to ReproduceTry to install a hotfix.
Root CauseAn issue in the environment. A recent version of the hotfix catalog was not installed in the system. Hence the hotfix in the download file was not referencable in the available (installed) catalog.
ResolutionPerform the following local-change:
Make the following change to the operating environment:
- Download the latest Hotfix Manager Hotfix Catalog from this link - https://pdn.pega.com/prpc-update-manager.
- Save the Catalog.zip to your local filesystem.
- Under Hotfix Manager landing page, click “Scan System” and upload the above Catalog.zip file. Then click “Scan”
- Once the Scan System is 100% complete, click “Finish”.
- Click “Scan System” again and confirm that the “current hotfix catalog generation timestamp” shows current. Close the pop-up window clicking the “X” button.
- Proceed with the installation of the DL package via the “Install Hotfixes” wizard.
Published November 28, 2016 - Updated December 24, 2016