Function getRuleMessage does not work with parameter
User upgraded from PRPC 6.2 SP2 to Pega 7.1.8. The application has an activity that uses @getRuleMessage to use a message rule with a parameter:
@getRuleMessage(tools, "(TSK-000026) ")
Function getRuleMessage does not work with parameter.
Steps to Reproduce
In PRPC 6.2 SP2:
1. Create a getRuleMessage, which has the name beginning with a special character, for example, (abcd).
2. Create an activity that uses @getRuleMessage to use a message rule with a parameter.
3. Create a product rule of the application.
In Pega 7.1.8:
1. Import the product rule.
2. Run the activity, and observe the error in the tracer "** (abcd)." The naming convention in Pega 7.1.8, does not allow identifiers to begin with special characters.
1. (a) The getRuleMessage() in PRPC 6.2 SP2 has the following Java code:
(b) The same rule in Pega 7.1.8 has the following java code:
2. In PRPC 6.2 SP2, the pyMessageName/ID contains spaces or accepts special characters as part of it, but in Pega 7.1.8 identifier/pyMessageName does not accept special characters.
Removing the XSS filtering leads to XSS attacks. Each getRuleMessage with special characters must be resaved.
Published May 23, 2016 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.