Purging interval statistics incorrect
User has scheduled an automated purge using the purging wizard. To test the failure scenario, user is explicitly holding the lock to a work object.
The error description is shown under pyWorkPage.pyIntervalStatistics.pyErrors, but pyItemsFailed count is empty.
That is, user is seeing an error in pyErrors, but it is not reflected in the failed count in the clipboard.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Include an automated and scheduled purge.
2. Force a failure by holding lock on a work object.
3. In the clipboard under pyWorkPage.pyIntervalStatistics.pyErrors the error is present, in the page pyWorkPage.pyIntervalStatistics the pyItemsFailed property value is showing as 0 instead of 1.
Here’s the explanation for the reported behavior:
Before starting purge archive process, validation happens for finalizing the selected work items like
- Whether Cover items is null or not.
- Processing of child(covered) items are meeting the criteria or not as per the configuration.
- Both cover and covered items are exceeding the commit interval or not and so on.
In the above validation, one can count the number items which are failed to meet the criteria out of selected items and captures the count in pyItemsFailed property.
Once items are finalized for purge archive process, if any issue come while export or purging, it throws the error directly.
This is not related to the failed count.
pyItemFailed are related to pre-purge process and pyErros are related to actual purge /archive process.
Both are different, so if there are any failed items, it will not show any description in the pyErrors field.