Show Next Error function does not for read-only field errors
The 'Show Next Error' functionality on a layout group allows users to navigate through errors present on the UI.
When a read-only field is present within the layout group that is set to 'Show validation messages in read-only mode', clicking the Show Next Error successfully opens the tab containing the error, but does not set focus on any item. Post this, the Show Next Error option does not work on reclicking it.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create an input field within a layout group.
- Set the property to 'Read-only (always)'.
- Select the 'Show validation messages in read-only mode' option.
- Add Validation rules on the flow action that adds a message to that read-only property and to another property that appears later in the form.
- Click Submit to run the validation.
- Click 'Show Next Error' above the layout group to advance through the errors.
This issue was determined to be a product enhancement request.
The 'gotonexterror' is designed to work with focus-able elements. Read-only fields must be handled separately.
An enhancement request, FDBK-61623, is created for consideration by Pega Product Management.