Stream service cannot start on second node on same host
A new Pega instance is set up in addition to the existing instance in the same node. To start the new Pega instance, user changed port numbers defined in the server.xml, prconfig.xml and Dynamic System Settings for Stream Service (For more information, refer to: Advanced configurations for the stream service https://community.pega.com/knowledgebase/articles/advanced-configurations-stream-service.).
The new node works correctly, however, the Stream Service does not work.
"Stream service is down" in Admin Studio. JOINNING_FAILED in Decisioning > Infrastructure > Stream
Steps to Reproduce
- Set up a Pega instance (Tomcat + PostgreSQL).
- Set up another Pega instance in the same host (Operating System) with a different port by configuring server.xml, prconfig.xml, and DSS (JMX port and so on).
The new node had a port issue.
Perform the following local-change:
For multiple JVMs running on the same machine, change the port used by the stream on every server.
Ensure the following prconfig settings are unique for each stream node and restart the JVMs:
- dsm/services/stream/pyBrokerPort (default9092)
- dsm/services/stream/pyKeeperPort (default 2181)
- dsm/services/stream/pyJmxPort ( default 9999)
- dsm/services/stream/pyPort (default 7003)
0% found this useful