Tracer not working to trace JMS Services
User would like to trace a ‘Service JMS’ Rule invoked by a JMS MDB Listener in Weblogic on Pega 7.1.8 and is taking the approach documented in Help: https://pdn.pega.com/sites/default/files/help_v72/procomhelpmain.htm#tools/tracer/tracingservices.htm
Nothing shows up in the Tracer even though the MDB Listener picks up the message and the relevant activity is called for processing.
Steps to Reproduce
Use the "Trace Open Rule" feature for Service JMS.
A software use or operation error. When deploying MDB Listener in Pega 7, use the approach documented in PDN that is specific to Pega 7.
ResolutionPerform the following local-change: Redeploy the MDB listener using the new approach for Pega 7 and make sure that the 'JMS Properties' tab of the MDB Listener has the 'Destination JNDI name' specified. Here are additional specifics on the steps to follow:
- Update JMS Properties tab of the MDB Listener with the destination JNDI name - jms.your_Intake_PRPC_DQ
- Click ‘Generate MDB’ button and download YOUR_JMSMDB.jar from the MDB Listener rule form.
- Split open the prpc deployment ear and then extract prbeans.jar
- Comment out the existing MDB descriptor elements from prbeans.jar/ejb-jar.xml and prbeans.jar/weblogic-ejb-jar.xml – repackage prbeans.jar
- Drop YOUR_JMSMDB.jar in your_prpc_wls_jee4.ear at the same level as prbeans.jar
- Extract contents of YOUR_JMSMDB.jar and modify ejb-jar.xml and weblogic-ejb-jar.xml to meet your requirements. I compared prbeans.jar/ejb-jar.xml and prbeans.jar/weblogic-ejb-jar.xml MDB descriptor fragments with YOUR_JMSMDB.jar/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml and YOUR_JMSMDB.jar/META-INF/weblogic-ejb-jar.xml and updated these accordingly.
- Repackage YOUR_JMSMDB.jar and then your_prpc_wls_jee4.ear
- Deploy the new archive to the application server.
Published May 22, 2016 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.